Sunday, February 19, 2012

Family Rice


Enough Rice for the whole family. »

Every time I cook this I mean to post the recipe. As you can see from the photo it makes more than cooking it in the basket.
Below is a description of what I do , but you could tip it into the Thermoserver to absorb the water.

250g rice
480g of boiling water
salt

Tip rice into TMX bowl
Add boiling water
Set dial to 5 mins/ Varoma/ speed 1.
Turn off and place tea towel over top to prevent evaporation.
or tip into Thermoserver and set aside for 25 mins.

If you wish you could cook onion/garlic in bowl first and then follow directions.

2 comments:

The Bush Gourmand said...

Sounds great Chookie! I'd definitely make it like this when I do my Indian Rice.
I saute the rice first in ghee and add a cinnamon stick, cloves and star anise or cardamom pods.

Daffodil said...

I am a complete rice cooking nuff nuff. I am sure it is all in the head as I can cook just about everything else.

Hmm, you make it sound so easy, I may have to give it a burl!

Oooh, and thanks for the tip about adding some spices as well, Bush Gourmand!