Sunday, January 31, 2010

Indian Patties

This recipe was given to me by an Indian lady who held a
stall at what was the Moonee Ponds Market. It is an excellent snack food and freezes well. Reheat in the oven or in a non stick pan.

450g. yellow split peas(soaked for 6 hours)
Drain peas and place in TMX bowl with,
1 large onion
green part of a large bunch of coriander.
1 green chilli or 1 small dried red chilli.
salt and pepper to taste, and a dash of oil.

Zap on speed 7, 1 min or until a firm paste is formed. Scrape down side after 30 secs.
Form into small balls, and flatten slightly.
this will make about 30 patties.
Shallow fry in rice bran oil until crisp.
Drain on hand towel.

2 comments:

Thermomixer said...

Good one Chookie - nice and simple - just have to plan to soak those split peas.

Psylova said...

I don't have a thermomix yet, but I still made this with mods in my food processor. I used 1/2-1/3 of a green chilli (my kids don't like spicy stuff, so I went conservative).

We loved them and they taste great cold too. Thanks very much for a keeper!